Friday, November 2

Pearl of Great Price



This started out as a doodle on a large piece of paper. This ended up being my favourite section of it, so I darkened the lines and then, with fear and trembling, coloured it. I honestly haven't fully coloured a drawing for years, because I don't like messing things up that are already looking good. But, today, I decided to be brave. :)

Also, the colours are really light in the original version, so I played around with levels a bit once I got this onto my computer in order to make the colours clearer. I think it turned out pretty well, if a bit faded. (Note to self: Next time, do not adjust the slider to the far right. Also, find out what its proper name is because the urge to just say "thingy" is overwhelming)

One thing I would do to fix this if I had the time is erase that random line near the bottom left corner and also add in my signature in the bottom right hand corner.

I was going to ink all the lines on there, too, but that didn't work out because my pen decided to be really crappy and had lots of air bubbles. This resulted in some fun outtakes, though, which I'll post tomorrow (with no colour alterations whatsoever). I would have posted it today, but the image was too big, it's late, and I'm too tired to shrink it properly.

2 comments:

  1. I like this. For the color, usually "contrast" on PS will help make things darker and clearer. And you did a good job with the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't actually have PS on my computer... I was using Preview, which is the barest of bare minimums when it comes to tweaking pictures. I *think* I adjusted the contrast at some point, though. *does not quite remember*

      Delete