Friday, November 16

From Doodle Thursday: The Two Sides of Forgetting


The beast in the corner represents the inner experience of forgetting, which is not easily understood by others without explanation. The Silent on the bottom represents the external experience of forgetting, which is what people think of when they think of that word.

Basically, it's a contrast between idiosyncratic and stereotypic experiences of the same mental activity.

If I wanted to take the time to improve this, I'd make that Silent look more like it's supposed to, but this is probably rather good, considering that they're aliens from Doctor Who that people forget the look of when they can't see them. :P Here's what they're supposed to look like:



I also doodled a little monster today that I found entertaining. I think I'll call him Ronald.


But back to forgetting: Do you think there's a difference between how you experience forgetting internally, and how the average person forgets? (Yes, I like asking philosophical questions about my doodles. They lend themselves well to that. :) )

1 comment:

  1. I like the little monster, but when I first read the name I thought it was Roland. I knew it was a silent in the first drawing, I just forgot what it was called. #ironic

    ReplyDelete